JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Environmental Health and Safety Specialist II will provide expertise to ensure compliance regarding environmental, health and safety regulations. We seek a professional who will help develop, implement and maintain processes and programs that comply with federal, state and local regulations and requirements. In this role, you will lead in a low complexity facility or support a higher complexity facility. You will monitor and handle up to three highly hazardous processes; low-to-high serious injuries and fatalities, potential serious environmental events or sites with low-to-high maturity.
Location: Białystok, Maków Mazowiecki, Dobrzelin
- Implement and handle processes and systems for environmental health and safety hazard identification and risk management.
- Create effective emergency response plan, train workforce and coordinate test plans on a defined frequency and validate emergency action plan.
- Participate in incident investigations based on incident classification in partnership with specialists internally and externally or regulatory authorities to identify the root cause and help prevent recurrence.
- Implement and execute controls and programs and ensure they work as planned.
- Prepare for audits, governmental inspections, customer visits, identify data and reports needed to monitor performance and compliance against goals.
- Support appropriate training content and delivery mode, in line with global and regional requirements, conduct gap assessment to identify training needs, adjust curriculum to reflect site specific needs.
- Understand risks applicable to contractor and external service providers, implement, monitor and evaluate approved processes to control environmental health and safety risks with contractors.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- In depth knowledge of legislation and business processes in environmental health and safety systems, ecology and environmental protection, industrial safety.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Knowledge of international instruments aimed at reducing injuries (near miss, observation, risk assessment).
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with diverse groups in a large organization.
- Experience with environmental health and safety management systems.
- Experience in organizing safety management system for specialists of contracting organizations.
Job: Safety/Environmental Health
Primary Location: Poland-PD-Bialystok
Organization: Business Operations & Supply Chain (BOSC)
Shift: Day Job
Hiring Manager: Agata Hawliczek
Recruiter: Justyna Pardon
Salary/Job Band: Professional
GJC Code and Title: EHS_EHS_2 - Environmental Health and Safety Specialist II